I've never done New Year's resolutions. So maybe I'll try to come up with a few this year.
This year I want to:
1. Figure out how to work my digital camera: how to upload pictures so I can share them. Maybe do the 365 Photoblog. (Although I need to get on with that if I'm going to do it!)
2. Spend more time listening to music. I've had a great time the last two days uploading several dozen CDs onto my iPod, and even buying some new ones at B&N or on iTunes. I'm rediscovering old favorites I hadn't listened to in years (like Led Zeppelin) and trying on some new ones (like Bush, Cake, and Death Cab for Cutie). It's so much fun.
3. Get more exercise. 'Nuff said.
4. Spend less "screen time" in the evenings- watching TV or on my computer. Read more and spend more time with the kids. (Although that may mean learning to play Wii games, and more screen time.)
5. Read the Bible. I've joined and online group reading through The Bible in three years. The plan is to read a selection each month and then ahve a day for discussion. I'm hoping the slower pace and the accountability will help me stay on track.
6. Read more. I've slacked off in the past two years and I'm not sure why.
7. Pray more, even if it doesn't look like my former idea of prayer.
8. Get involved in some real, tangible ways of helping others.
9. Try and stay within our budget.
10. Be flexible about my life. I want to try to hold plans loosely so that changes don't throw me for a loop.
11. To do a better job writing down my thoughts instead of keeping them in my head. Writing them down takes more discipline and time, but I think it will be well worth it.
That ought to keep me busy for the next year! We'll see in a year how I've done.
Happy New Year!