Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sometimes we get it right.....

Here are some pictures of GraceMart. Every year our church community processes thousands of donations of clothing, toys, food, furniture and more, and gives it all way...for free. Last night, the GraceMart served 410 people. Today volunteers are at the church processing hundreds of new donations to make them available tonight and tomorrow night. Although I took 7 big bags of clothing over there two weeks ago, I'm ashamed to say I forgot about GraceMart during this busy week. I meant to go over and work. That's what I get for not putting it on my calendar. But even if I forget, God doesn't. He's faithful...and in his faithfulness, hundreds of people in our area will be blessed with free clothing, food, and furniture.

http://www.enjoymore.net/gallery/gracemart/index.htm

2 comments:

NoVA Dad said...

What an amazing ministry! And even though the busy days of your life had your mind elsewhere, your 7-bag contribution shows that your heart was still there.

carrie said...

It was amazing! Over 1000 people went through GraceMart. I can't say the bags of clothing was all altruistic. My kids' closets were stuffed with unused and out grown clothes. I also cleaned out the shoe closet. GraceMart just gave me the impetus to get it done now. ;-) You can't believe how good it felt to get the stuff out of my closets, and then to get it out of my house!